Location: Syston, Leicestershire
Company: Chartwell Trust Care
Job type: Full Time Nights
Chartwell Trust Care is a national organisation that runs Residential Homes for Adults with Learning Disabilities, Autism, Challenging Behaviour and Complex Needs. We are a specialist provide who provide quality person-centred care to all the individuals who live within our services. We are recruiting for a caring and dedicated Support Worker to work at our Supported Living Complex in Syston, Leicestershire. As a Support Worker no two days are the same. You will have the opportunity to transform somebody’s life. You will be working nights supporting an individual with Learning Disabilities, Autism and Challenging Behaviour.
- To provide support and personal care to the individual so they can live as independently as possible.
- To provide emotional support and encourage the individual to help themselves live fulfilling lives.
- To carry out domestic duties such as cooking, cleaning, laundry and helping the individual with personal finances.
- Supporting the individual with taking medication, storage of medication and to follow record keeping.
- To be able to work on a rota system, this may include mornings, evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
- Follow health and safety policies and procedures.
- Report any maintenance issues.
- Provide first aid if need be.
- Provide the opportunity for individuals to take part in leisure and social activities.
- To be able to deal with Challenging Behaviour and to diffuse situations.
What we can offer you
- Full training which is paid for.
- The opportunity for real career progression.
- The chance for you to complete NVQ’s with us.
- A friendly, well established and helpful team to Support you.
- A rewarding career where you can make a real difference to a person’s life
- To have the right to work in the UK.
- 6 months care experience.
- Be flexible and committed.
- Have a patient and logical mind.
- Be able to deal with potentially very challenging situations.
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent in Health and Social Care.
- Experience in working with Challenging Behaviour.
- Full UK driver’s licence.
For more information please call 0116 368 0990 and ask to speak to the Recruitment Team.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £8.00 /hour
- 6 months Support or Care experience
- Right to work in the UK
- Good verbal and written communication skills